Friday, August 6, 2010

A great week

It's been an amazing week. Just this week I received an invitation to speak at the Church of the Covenant in Lynchburg, Virginia. What a treat it will be to spend a few days with Kaye and David Edwards. If I had been fortunate enough to have people such as these in my life when I was younger......

Great events this week:

A Mexican court upheld Mexico City's gay marriage law as constitutional!

A federal judge overturned Proposition 8, a California law preventing same sex marriage!

Elena Kagan was confirmed as the 112th Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court! She's only the 4th woman to serve but she's also the second woman appointed in as many years!

AND

The National Institute for health is spending 5.5 million dollars to fund research on an HIV prevention gel!

This is one of those weeks I'm really proud to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment