Saturday, March 7, 2009

Very busy month

It's been a very busy month here at the AIDS Ministry Network. Our Indiana based group has a very busy calendar and I've also heard from a couple of other Disciples who are also in HIV prevention.

First things first! Plans are well underway to conduct outreach education and testing at General Assembly this summer in Indianapolis. I posted a flyer just a moment ago, feel free to contact me with any questions about what we're doing there.

I received an email from Pastor Willie J. Smith Jr. this past week. Pastor Smith and I spoke via telephone for some time about the HIV prevention and testing work that he is doing in rural Alabama and in the Alabama Correctional System. Pastor Smith has been involved in this ministry for several years now and he pays for most of his supplies out of his own pocket! What a blessing to know that there are others out there sharing the Good News of Jesus the Christ through HIV/AIDS Ministry. I hope in the future I'll hear from others who are doing the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment